Ruston, Proctor & Co Ltd
1918 Ruston Proctor 5nhp 8 1/2 ton General Purpose Engine - Corn Maiden
Works No. 52266 - Reg. No. CJ 4178
Built for the War Office, but was not used by them, so it was sold off in 1920 at a War Office sale at Slough, and first registered in 1921. Purchased by Charles James of Pen y Pare, Herefordshire and used for threshing until 1952 after which it was laid-up. It was Purchased for preservation in 1954 and restored by Mr G Smith of Church Stretton, Salop.